Today we are talking about Met department forecasts severe weather for Tuesday: Do’s and don’ts during thunderstorms, dust storms | India News, check out the Met department forecasts severe weather for Tuesday: Do’s and don’ts during thunderstorms, dust storms | India News with complete details and accuracy At 9wiki.info.
Check down the table for Met department forecasts severe weather for Tuesday: Do’s and don’ts during thunderstorms, dust storms | India News By 9wiki – The Encyclopedia We are always providing right details you can comment below if you found any irrelevant content of celeb.
Following the met department’s warning, the Delhi government issued a list of
“dos and don’ts” to deal with any possible situation, after at least 124 people were killed and more than 300 others injured in five states due to dust storms, thunderstorms and lightning last week.
The advisory was divided into sections.
* Look for darkening skies and increased wind. If you hear thunder then you are close enough to be struck by lightning
* Prepare an emergency kit for safety and survival
* Close windows and doors
* Secure your house, carry out repairs in advance, don’t leave sharp objects loose
* Secure outside objects that could blow away and cause damage, eg: Furniture, bins, etc
* Get rid of rotting trunks/broken tree branches that could fall and cause injury or damage
* Monitor radio, TV, newspapers to get latest weather updates and warnings
* Ensure children and pets are indoors
DURING THE STORM
* Continue to keep a watch on local weather updates and warnings
* Stay indoors and off verandas and porches. Avoid all travel if possible
* Unplug unnecessary electrical equipment (to isolate them from the main power supply which may conduct a power surge during a lightning storm). Don’t use corded telephones. Mobiles or cordless phones are safe
* Avoid touching plumbing and electrical pipes. Do not use running water. Avoid taking a bath/shower. This is because lightning can travel along pipes
* Stay away from structures with tin roofs/metal sheeting
* Keep away from doors, windows, fireplaces, bath tubs, or any electrical charge conductors
* Don’t take shelter near/under trees
* Stay put if you are inside a car/bus/covered vehicle
* Don’t use metallic objects, stay away from power/telephone lines
* Get out of the water — pools, lakes, small boats — and take shelter immediately
AFTER THE STORM
* Stay away from storm-damaged areas
* Follow local radio/TV stations for updated information on weather and traffic updates
* Help children, women, elderly and differently-abled
* Stay away from fallen trees, all utility lines (power, phone lines), metal fences and hilltops Report fallen lines to the nearest tehsil/district headquarters
* Go to a safe shelter immediately if you can
* Ideally find shelter in a low-lying area and make sure the spot chosen is not likely to flood. Crouch down with feet together and head down to make yourself a smaller target
* Do not lie flat on the ground, this will make a bigger target.
* Do not take shelter under trees as these conduct electricity
* Rubber-soled shoes and car tyres do not offer protection from lightning