Today we are talking about PM Modi to have bilateral meeting with Trump today at ASEAN: 10 points | India News, check out the PM Modi to have bilateral meeting with Trump today at ASEAN: 10 points | India News with complete details and accuracy At 9wiki.info.
Check down the table for PM Modi to have bilateral meeting with Trump today at ASEAN: 10 points | India News By 9wiki – The Encyclopedia We are always providing right details you can comment below if you found any irrelevant content of celeb.
* Later today, PM Modi is scheduled to hold a bilateral meeting with Trump, in what will be their second face-to-face interaction since the PM visited the US in August. In their meeting, the two leaders are likely to discuss a host of key issues of mutual interest, including the security scenario in the region.
* Indian sources say that for now, the US and India are on the “same page” when it comes to Afghanistan and China.
* Trump on Friday praised India’s “astounding” growth after it opened its economy and lauded Modi for bringing the country’s people “together as one…very, very successfully”.
* Yesterday, representatives of India, US, Japan and Australia gave a thumbs up for a “free, open, prosperous and inclusive Indo-Pacific region” after the first meeting on the “Indo-Pacific” on the sidelines of the ASEAN summit in Manila.
* Trump has lately been using the term ‘India-Pacific’, rather than ”Asia-Pacific, to talk about the region. This has led to speculation that the new terminology may have something to do with Washington preparing the ground for the revival of the so-called Quadrilateral strategic alliance between the US, Japan, Australia and India to counter China’s rise.
* The top items at the quadrilateral dialogue yesterday included ways of maintaining the “rules based order” in the Indo-Pacific theatre, a review of the happenings in Indo-Pacific and North Korea.
* “They agreed that a free, open, prosperous and inclusive Indo-Pacific region serves the long-term interests of all countries in the region and of the world at large. The officials also exchanged views on addressing common challenges of terrorism and proliferation linkages impacting the region as well as on enhancing connectivity,” said an external affairs ministry spokesperson about the quadrilateral meet yesterday.
* Also on PM Modi’s agenda today is a meeting with other world leaders, including the hot country’s President Rodrigo Duterte. The PM will also address the ASEAN Business and Investment Summit and later attend a reception with members of the Indian community in the Philippines.
* Earlier today, the PM visited the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), whose mission is to eradicate extreme poverty by helping farmers grow more rice in an environmentally sustainable way. A large number of Indian scientists are said to work at IRRI. “My cabinet approved on July 12, 2017, a proposal for IRRI to set up its South Asia Regional Centre at Varanasi. This will be the first research centre by IRRI outside its headquarters in the Philippines,” said Modi before his trip to the Philippines, according to IANS.
* The PM also visited the Mahavir Philippines Foundation earlier today. The PM said his visit would demonstrate India’s support for the Foundation’s activities in distributing free prosthesis Jaipur Foot among the needy amputees.