Today we are talking about Shillong: Shillong violence: Top developments | India News, check out the Shillong: Shillong violence: Top developments | India News with complete details and accuracy At 9wiki.info.
Check down the table for Shillong: Shillong violence: Top developments | India News By 9wiki – The Encyclopedia We are always providing right details you can comment below if you found any irrelevant content of celeb.
* Half hour before the curfew came into effect, there was a breach of security in the state Secretariat when a group of hawkers comprising of men and women barged in to meet chief minister Conrad Sangma seeking to resolve the ongoing crisis that has affected the vendors.
* Army conducted a flag march in the city to calm the situation.
* Three CRPF personnel were injured when local protesters pelted stones at their camp in Mawlai, an official of the central paramilitary force said today.
* Ten additional companies of paramilitary forces deployed in the tension-hit areas on orders of Union Home Ministry.
“Eight additional companies of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and two of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) have been sent to Shillong to assist the state police in managing law and order situation.
* The National Commission for Minorities is likely to send a member to Shillong to investigate the clashes.
* SAD leader and MLA from Delhi, Manjinder S Sirsa dismissed rumours of an attack on Sikh community.
“I am getting many phone calls & messages asking if there were fresh attacks on Sikhs in Shillong last night. I once again clarify that no attacks happening on Sikhs in Shillong. Sikhs are safe there; all thanks to @SangmaConrad Ji. Requesting people to not spread negativity,” he tweeted.
I am getting many phone calls & messages asking if there were fresh attacks on Sikhs in Shillong last night I once… https://t.co/tHBxLYioLi
— Manjinder S Sirsa (@mssirsa) 1528093724000
* A group of around 400 protesters pelted stones at a CRPF camp near Mowlai Bridge in the city following the detention of five people by the police.
* The Centre approved the deployment of six companies of paramilitary forces.
“The Home Ministry has sanctioned the deployment of four CRPF and two ITBP companies. The state’s SF-10 commandoes along with a CRPF company and the district forces are already monitoring the situation on the ground,” Director General of Police (DGP) SB Singh said.
* The authorities extended curfew in the Meghalaya capital as violence continued in tension-hit areas the previous night with mobs indulging in stone-pelting on security forces for the last four days.
“Curfew has been imposed from 4 p.m. on Monday to 5 a.m. Tuesday in Shillong as there is the likelihood that breach of the peace may spread to other parts of the city,” Deputy Commissioner, East Khasi Hills, Peter. S. Dkhar told IANS.
On June 1, the District Magistrate had imposed curfew in areas under Lumdiengjri police station and Cantonment Beat House in view of the breakdown of law and order in Motphran, Mawkhar and adjoining areas following the May 31 clash.
The clash took place after an altercation between a driver of the Khasi community employed with the Shillong Public Transport Service and some Punjabi women in Theme lew Mawlong, a Punjabi settlement in Shillong with around 350 households.
The curfew was relaxed for seven hours from 8 a.m. on Sunday and mobs continued to throw stones at security forces forcing the police to fire tear gas shells.